Re: PDF to Word Conversion Tool

Subject: Re: PDF to Word Conversion Tool
From: "Bill Hall" <bill -dot- hall -at- hotkey -dot- net -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:40:26 +1000

>JimGroark -at- aol -dot- com wrote:
>>
>> What *I'm* looking for is something that will facilitate extracting
multi-
>> page tables (or what look like tables) from .PDF files which are hundreds
>> of pages in length. Then, I want to be able to paste the "tables" into
>> MS Access or MS Excel, for manipulation.

I hope I'm not sending anyone on a wild goose chase, but a faint memory from
several years ago when I had the chance to experiment with Acrobat Capture
was that it had the option to save the OCRed text in a Word or RTF document,
and as I recall it even recognised tables and saved them in a table format.
No promises at all here, though - the memory is very faint....

However, if you are desperate enough it's worth a try, and Capture is a good
product to have anyway, because it does some marvellous things even if you
only want to end up with a PDF file.

Bill Hall
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom