Re: Link Sniffer?

Subject: Re: Link Sniffer?
From: "John Locke" <mail -at- freelock -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:42:07 -0700 (PDT)

I said:

> Um, most HTML tools I know of have built in link validation. In
> DreamWeaver 4.0, you access it by clicking "Check Links Sitewide" on the
> Site menu, in the Site window.

[snip]

> Don't knock 'em unless you've tried them!

<crawling back under my rock...>

Just checked. Okay, go ahead, slam Dreamweaver. It can list external
links, but it doesn't go out and check them. It will verify all links
within a site, but not those that lead elsewhere on the Internet...

Homesite does, though... (my main tool of choice...)

And I distinctly remember FrontPage doing so, when I last had a client
that insisted on me using it... (several years ago by now, can't tell you
how to do it)

--
John Locke
Owner, Freelock, LLC