RE: User Guide - best practices

Subject: RE: User Guide - best practices
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:10:17 -0400

I prefer to break out the content into separate manuals, so the users
can refer to which one they need. I find that large books tend not to be
used as much or are less usable when consulted, as they are bulky and
the index/toc can be a bit of a bear to use. I say ship two books, one
with task info, and one reference guide.

B I L L S W A L L O W
Information Design & Development Professional
tel/fax: 518.371.1867 wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com
List Owner: HATT, WWP-Users, InFrame
Co-Moderator: SingleSourcing-Mgmt
WebWorks Wizard Editor of InFrame Magazine