RE: Master Docs in Word

Subject: RE: Master Docs in Word
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- adelphia -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 19:56:07 -0700

Don't. Just don't. Before Steve Hudson gets here and tells you otherwise,
just don't.

Ok, now Young Goodman Hudson does have a method he swears makes Master Docs
work just fine, but you have to be very very VERY organized from the start,
and nothing ever goes wrong along the way. He and one or two other people
on this list and/or Word-PC claim to have never had any trouble with them.
Then there's the rest of us. When something goes wrong, chapters disappear.
Truly disappear, leaving not a .tmp behind. poof.

For large docs in Word, keep each chapter in its own file, and assemble your
ToC and Index using RD fields (see Word Help for details).

Maggie Secara