RE: On-Line Vs. Print, Single-Sourcing, and how to ignore the obv ious

Subject: RE: On-Line Vs. Print, Single-Sourcing, and how to ignore the obv ious
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:04:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- cisco -dot- com> wrote:

> From Jane:
>
> Yeah. It's elementary. To get a good print manual, you have to sacrifice a
> white goat, but for good online help, it's a black chicken. So
> single-sourcing is impossible until science produces the required
> chequerboard gicken. Or choat.
>
> From Jason:
>
> Actually, I hear that there is a cloning company in Canada that is
> aggressively working on this problem. They are funded by Adobe R&D, and the
> results scheduled to be included in FrameMaker 7.5.6 which will ship with a
> complimentary choat.

To which Tom chimes in:

I guess when you think about it, we're all single sourced, aren't we? Aren't there
really only four basic strands of DNA? (And look what a mess that causes!) <g>

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 07/19/02
--The opinions expressed in this email are mine...at least I think they're mine...I'm almost positive.--

http://health.yahoo.com

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com