Re: Like long hours?

Subject: Re: Like long hours?
From: "Richard G. Combs" <richard -dot- combs -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:54:58 -0600

Bruce Byfield wrote:

> This is where the relation is unequal. An employee has no choice except
> to trade labor for the money to live. But an employer has the power of
> deciding who gets that money.As a result, employees often feel the need
> to kowtow to the employer - either because the employer actually expects
> it, or because they are nervous about keeping that money coming in.

An employer has no choice except to trade money for the labor needed to keep
the company operating. But an employee has the power of deciding who gets
his/her labor. As a result, employers often feel the need to keep their
valued employees happy because they are nervous about the difficulty and
expense of replacing them.

Beyond that, all I can say is read Kevin McLaughlan's reply to Bruce. It
dispels the "I'm just a victim of circumstances" nonsense better than
anything I've ever read.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs