Doc To Help question -- Conversion/Platform problems

Subject: Doc To Help question -- Conversion/Platform problems
From: Diane Girardin <Diane -at- nposolutions -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 14:26:09 -0400

Hi, all you Doc To Help gurus. I'm hoping you can help me out with something
(I'm very new to D2H).

There are two authors in my office, and we are both working with the
evaluation copy of D2H 6. I am working on Windows XP, and he is working on
Windows 2000. He successfully converted our source files from D2H 2000 to
D2H 6, but now neither of us can build the project (and we're both having
different problems).

MY ERROR: When I tried to build the project, it got to "analyzing paragraph
styles" for one of our source files, and when it was about 7% complete, I
got an error that said:

ComponentOne Doc-To-Help has encountered a problem and needs to close. We
are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the
information you were working on might be lost.

I tried removing the offending source file and building, but the same thing
happened in the same place for all of my files. I don't know what caused
this error (I didn't make any changes to the source files), and the message
itself isn't very helpful, so I don't know what to do to avoid the problem
in the future and actually build the project.

HIS ERROR: When he tries to compile, he gets a Word error that says "Cannot
Edit Range. Error Code 800a1710." He thinks it's got something to do with
the comments that D2H inserted during the conversion process (the comments
that replaced the colorized, conditional text for online only/document
only).

Has anyone seen either of these problems and/or know what we might be able
to do to fix them? What about the fact that we're having different problems
on different platforms? Has anyone tried sharing source files between
different platforms and run into similar problems?

Thanks for you help!

Diane Girardin
diane -at- nposolutions -dot- com

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l