Re: Work... It's Gooberrific!!!

Subject: Re: Work... It's Gooberrific!!!
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 06:20:25 -0700 (PDT)

> >Simple fact of the matter is that if you work for a
> company and
> >you really care, getting the job done is core. No
> excuses.
> >Your family often must come in second.

That isn't what I meant. I personally put my family
first. But, using your family as an excuse for having
to leave the office early on a regular basis or
staying home periodically isn't a good practice. There
are many people working with families at home. Most
families have two adults in them (whether they live
together or not). Take turns with the family duties,
plan around known family needs, and make sure you're
available to your coworkers when you're not in the
office. You were hired to do a job. That doesn't mean
you then have to forget all other aspects of your
life, but it does mean you need to find a harmony
between work and personal time. If you can't, you're
doing your employer and your family a disservice.

IMO, of course.

http://health.yahoo.com

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com