RE: terminology problem

Subject: RE: terminology problem
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:47:51 -0400

Marsha Kamish wrote:

> But if the question is about "American" English, last
> name and first name are the choice. Check any form you
> find anywhere in the US.

The original poster did not specify that the document would be used mainly
in the US, only that it would conform to American English. (She's in
Australia, so I'm not about to draw any conclusions.) My understanding is
that there is no rule about this in American English. Even so, it would
more practical to use whatever meets the audience needs rather than
conforming to the rule. So, I stand by my original statement.

(I'm not planning a trip to the US anytime soon, thanks.)

Cheers ... Kim

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com