Re: Like long hours?

Subject: Re: Like long hours?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 10:18:18 -0700

Paul Moloney wrote:

I presume the recent recession has
tarnished whatever gloss these pieces of
papers used to have to most people.

Unfortunately, I don't think so. In the last three months, I've come across two jobs in which a low salary was excused on the grounds that stock options were being offered.

Since I already have 65,000 worthless shares, I offered to forego the stock options in return for a higher salary. I wasn't the least surprised when the offer was refused.

I guess I've reached a bitter and twisted middle age - I don't like people trying to take advantage of me.

"A story untold could be the one that kills you."
- Pat Conroy, "Beach Music"

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com