RE: DON'T DO IT!!!

Subject: RE: DON'T DO IT!!!
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:24:22 +0100

<I must confess, had I been writing the procedure, I'm not sure would
have thought to include "Do NOT lift the handset." Probably, that's
because, as an end-user, I'd automatically shy away from doing so, for
fear of accidentally calling the person whose number I was programming.>

I find that the instructions for things the user is (a) inclined to do and
(b)must not do are the hardest ones to get hold of, because often you only
discover this when watching a real live user try to follow the instructions
for the first time without any prior knowledge...

But once discovered, I think they're invaluable. Always include them.

Jane Carnall
Apologies for the long additional sig: it is added automatically and outwith
my control. Home: hj -dot- carnall -at- virgin -dot- net

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com