RE: HELP: Dreamweaver, Deva, and CMS

Subject: RE: HELP: Dreamweaver, Deva, and CMS
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:55:39 -0400

Jenise,

After talking with one of my developers, as far as I can tell CMS is a
staging area for content destined to run on other Microsoft Enterprise
servers in a .NET environment. Content is imported into CMS, and, if it
works OK there, is packaged into an 'assembly' and made available to other
applications.

It seems as if the people who are making this demand are doing so solely for
their own convenience. It appears that what is being supplied (HTML files,
and a javascript file (devasearch.js)) will work just fine in a .NET
environment. However, they are adding this extra hoop to be jumped through
which, in this case, would appear not to add much value.

Please take this with a large grain of NaCl as it is all new territory for
me - and my programmer buddy.

John