Re(4): I'm taking my marbles and going home...

Subject: Re(4): I'm taking my marbles and going home...
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:43:52 +0200

>I'd agree with this if you replaced "human being" with "me" up there. Fact
>of the matter is, in a perfect world of timelines in years instead of days
>and endless resources, this would be true. But I don't work in fantasyland
>and the sky over my desk is not rose-colored.

This comment does not seem to make sense. Andrew claimed, in a nutshell,
that you need to know a lot about a subject to write an authoritative
document.

Now, obviously, when this statement is true when there is unlimited time
to write the document, it cannot be false when there isn't, which you
appear to have argued in the quote above. Think about what that would
mean: With unlimited time, only persons with a lot of knowledge can write
a document well. Under time pressure, other persons could do so as well.

This is obviously nonsense.

You could argue that there isn't time to write documents properly anyway,
so it doesn't matter how much you know, but that is something different
from what you said. (And, incidentally, something that wouldn't convice me.)

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com