Re: Has anyone been getting this email?

Subject: Re: Has anyone been getting this email?
From: "Doc" <doc -at- vertext -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:13:57 -0400

Both you and Richard are right. Even when forced to use Outlook, The first
thing I did was configure it to only use text.

Unfortunately my efforts to get people to forego the beauty of the medium
were to no avail.

Interestingly I am about to install Linux on my secondary computer. Maybe
I'll shift my email client to that one.

-Doc
"Bruce Byfield" <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com> wrote in message
news:165329 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> Doc wrote:
> >
> > One of the first things I did when no longer restricted by company
policy
> > was to remove Outlook and transfer all my email traffic to Outlook
Express.

> Better yet (says he with more than a touch of smugness):Put a Linux
> partition on your computer and answer your e-mail from there.There's
> been a couple of Linux viruses in the last year, but none of they can do
> anything unless you're stupid enough to use the internet while logged in
> as root user - and that's still far fewer than the Windows has.
>
> In fact, you can even open up viruses in a text editor and have a look
> at them.That's a little scary, by the way: most of them are so simple
> that a person with only the fundamentals of programming could write one.
>
> --
> Bruce Byfield bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com 604.421.7177
>
> "To Newgate Gaol they took him, the Ranter's dream was dead,
> He had no taste for martyrdom; 'I will recant,' he said,
> 'I banished sin, but I have erred, it cannot be denied
> 'That these are sin: greed, tyranny, hypocrisy and pride.'"
> - Leon Rosselson, "Abezier Coppe"

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com