Re: MS Word--Page Breaks

Subject: Re: MS Word--Page Breaks
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:24:10 -0700

The secret is never to use page breaks. If a paragraph must
stay together, format it to stay together; if a paragraph
must stay with the one that follows it, format it that way.
And if you must have all of your level one heads begin on
a new page, format the style to begin a new page.

Using Words formatting tools where they need to be will
assure that, even when your documents change from machine
to machine, they won't look stupid.

HTH!
-Sue Gallagher

At 09:45 AM 8/15/02 -0600, twriter01 -at- hotmail -dot- com wrote:

Hi All: I would like to know if anyone has encountered page break problems with MS Word. For example, you format a document perfectly with page breaks strategically placed, and another person opens that document but sees blank pages and odd page breaks. Now on this topic, I've been told that the printer you're using affects the where the page breaks appear.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Obviously, I would like to format a document that appears the same no matter what printer you're using. Is that possible with MS Word? TIA!

and more from the TECHWR-L Store. All proceeds support TECHWR-L. http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store.aspx?storeid=techwhirl

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l