Re: Personal POV

Subject: Re: Personal POV
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 08:18:30 -0600

Doc, I'm with you on this. Well put.

I grow very tired of the "I don't think you have a right to post"
mentality that comes up when people disagree with the content or tone of
another poster. There are those who frequently pepper their posts with
hyperbole and strong rhetoric, but I typically enjoy these. If I don't
enjoy them, I ignore the posts, and subsequently the poster. No biggie.

What I do NOT like is when people use this board as a vent for their
feelings about countries, cultures, races, political systems, etc. In a
truly global message board about *tech writing*, those posts have no
place. But I've never seen you stoop to those tactics.

I too enjoy the spirited debates that occur on this list, and admit that
in addition to the education and exchange of ideas I get from this list, I
also turn to it for entertainment.

Laphroaig? No thanks. Make mine a Lagavulin - more delicate, and
delightfully smoky. :)

Keith Cronin

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
- Ben Franklin

The fact that Scotch has no carbs is further proof.
- Keith Cronin

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com