Documenting Windows

Subject: Documenting Windows
From: "Oliver Marshall" <om -at- skillsearch -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:03:23 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to find out if anyone has had any experience of creating a
Windows Cookbook of sorts ?

I am the IT Manager for a chain of firms, and I would like to be able to
document all the information necessary for someone to recreate the
network in a major emergency.

I have heard that some people have done this, but getting info out of
them is hard.

Obviously there is a lot of info to make note of, and information that I
find important may not be the right information that someone else needs
to do the job.
I know that there may well be protocols and standards for how to write
down the information, but its more WHAT to write down and WHAT ORDER etc
to write it down in.

Has anyone seen anything that might help ?

Olly Marshall
ADSSupport.net
http://www.adssupport.net
Dedicated free Active Directory Services(tm) support

email: oliver -dot- marshall -at- adssupport -dot- net

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com