RE: Being an Expert (was:I'm taking my marbles and going home...)

Subject: RE: Being an Expert (was:I'm taking my marbles and going home...)
From: Goober <techcommgoober -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:38:50 -0700 (PDT)

> Yes, I agree but too many companies want to have
> both when they look at a candidate and can pick and
> choose these days.
> So, is specializing the best way to go or should we
> be "Jack and Janes of all trades" and amass a bunch
> of talents in one resume? The dilema continues.

What dilema? Is your primary goal to make as much
money as possible, or to enjoy what you do? If the
former, dope up on NoDoze and Red Bull and spend every
waking hour learning everything you may ever need to
know. If the latter, concentrate on what you want to
be doing.

IMO, it's very easy to have both. As a professional,
you should be keeping on top of developments in your
profession and your working industry. Over time, you
develop specialization in the industry while expanding
your knowledge and most-likely your experience in your profession.

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com