Style Guide for Proposals

Subject: Style Guide for Proposals
From: "Jeff Ballard" <jeff_ballard -at- satyam -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:51:19 -0500

Hello All,

One of my regular tasks as a marketing manager/jack-of-all trades is the
editing of proposals before they are submitted to potential clients. The
proposals are usually written by members of our technical staff with
tweaking by business development people. What style guide would be a good
choice to suggest for adoption for producing proposals and other
client-facing documents that are more business oriented than technical ...
(although our product is computer services ... just trying to distinguish
between a technical manual and a business proposal). Content is a whole
different issue ... I'm looking for format and grammatical guidelines.

The weapon-of-choice is MS Word. I am thinking the MS Manual of Style would
be a good choice ... but I'd love some suggestions from the experts before
venturing out to the bookstores and library.

Thanks,

Jeff

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com