RE: Boy ! I am sure glad I know this now !!! (Useless instruction s)

Subject: RE: Boy ! I am sure glad I know this now !!! (Useless instruction s)
From: Matthew Horn <mhorn -at- macromedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:01:00 -0400

> Is there a way to get Word to open to a default view (say text width)?

The following KB article from Microsoft's website lists the command-line arguments (including some that are not documented in Word's online Help):

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q210565&;

None of the command line args address changing the text width, but the "/m[macroname]" arg allows you to launch a macro on opening the application, so it would be trivial to write a macro that changes the default view.

Matthew Horn
Sr. Technical Writer
< m a c r o m e d i a >

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com