Re: Anyone paid WorkTree?

Subject: Re: Anyone paid WorkTree?
From: <cheek1 -at- sbcglobal -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:10:28 -0700

There are a number of job search boards out there that have adopted
used-car-sales tactics to milk money out of those desperate to find a job.
It seems that in this economy, job seekers are now viewed as a large enough
group to exploit.

Like Keith, so far I have refused to pay anyone for a service like that. My
logic is this: Since they smell bad to the job seeker, they probably also
smell bad to the job poster. Any company that posts their jobs ONLY on one
of these for-quick-profit sites probably isn't one I'd like to work for.
That being said, there are enough legitimate job search boards out there
that I think any listing I'd have to pay for I can find for free somewhere
else. And if the job boards don't have the listing, several dozen hungry
head hunters probably do.

Don't give the gouls your money, I say.

Regards to all,

Kevin Cheek

(and if anyone does know a great source for job listings, I'd love to learn
of it)

Keith Kronin wrote:

> One of the more annoying job boards I subscribe to is
> www.geowebservices.com
>
> Every day they e-mail me a list of jobs that are either nothing like what
> I said I wanted, or 100 miles away from where I said I wanted to work.
>
> Then, further down the list, they show about a dozen jobs that sound much
> more like something I'd be interested in. BUT - I need to pay a fee to see
> these "Reserved VIP Job Leads." I can activate a "VIP account" for the low
> low price of fifty bucks for sixty days.
>
> So far I haven't gone for it, because I don't like how it smells. Has
> anybody on the list ever gotten a gig from these guys? If so, I may change
> my opinion. But it looks like a racket to me.
>

> Keith Cronin
>
> will work for beer

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com