Re: search mechanism

Subject: Re: search mechanism
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:51:51 -0400

I haven't been following this thread carefully, but I don't believe anyone has mentioned the [dreaded Microsoft] search engine that ships with IIS. We use it on our intranet site, and it seems pretty adept at searching all flavors of Office docs, PDFs, HTML, ASP, etc.

So if you can organize all of your documents on a Web site and provide a search page interface, maybe this will solve your problem. The tool allows you to exclude directories as needed, so you can decide what subset of documents is to be searchable by public visitors to your site.