RE: Career Upgrade

Subject: RE: Career Upgrade
From: "Manley Clifford (GFD1CEM)" <GFD1CEM -at- ups -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:10:37 -0400

Will you relocate? Even for a year or so? The State of Alabama is hiring
several hundred IT types for an IT Professional Services contract; most jobs
start in October, in Alabama's capitol city of Montgomery. I know for a fact
that there are jobs available at the level you describe. This would be a
great entre for any young writer, analyst or tester.

Let me know if you are interested and I will hook you up with the contract's
prime vendor.

I would expect the average writer's pay to be in the $35-42 dollar range,
(the state capped those rates at $85, and there will likely be two contracts
between you and the state who will take at least half) so it may not be
attractive enough to maintain your home and an apartment in Montgomery as
well.

Have fun,
Ed Manley

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com