Re: corporate technical newsletter plan/proposal

Subject: Re: corporate technical newsletter plan/proposal
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:26:57 -0600

> I am currently in need of proposal samples of the following specific type. I
> need samples of proposals to write an external corporate technical
> newsletter for a technical company.

You can find samples of such proposals in books like the following:

? "Proposal Development: How to Respond & Win the Bid" by Bud Porter-Roth
? "Handbook For Writing Proposals" by Hamper and Baugh

Most proposals will have at least the following sections:

? Executive Summary (demonstrating your understanding of the problems that
need to be solved, and explaining at a very high level how you intend to
do so)

? Technical Solution (the nuts and bolts of what you're proposing)

? Project Plan (may be folded into Tech Solution)

? Corporate Overview (description of company, its financial stability, and
its key management)

? Pricing

? Appendices (any supplemtal brochures, technical papers, contracts, etc.

Hope this is helpful...

Keith Cronin

I always though proposal writing was the purest form of technical writing
as it had to not only be correct and accurate, but had to make the reader
know WHY something was done the way it was.
-John Posada

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com