Re: techwr-l digest: September 04, 2002

Subject: Re: techwr-l digest: September 04, 2002
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 23:32:40 -0700 (PDT)

"Geoffrey.Cheadle" <gcheadle -at- teletechedit -dot- com> wrote ...

> My father always told me that upon entering a new environment I should keep
> my eyes and ears open and my big mouth shut. Trouble is, I now understand
> that to be called "lurking" and considered impolite. After two months of
> assiduous reading of the Newsletter, I now welcome the opportunity to say
> hello on an upbeat note.

Well, on that note, I'll beat you up.

> First, it is a joy to read the Newsletter. By now I almost know what to
> expect when a certain person comments. It makes a comfortable home.

Most of us are just highly sophsticated AutoResponders running on a big Linux box
in Canada. Like Geoff Hart. Watch - post a question and in about 12 hours you'll
get this exceptionally well reasoned response from him, like clockwork.

> Second, I appreciated reading all the many comments about drafts. The
> comments were all reasonable, and they were all presented in a tone of
> helpfulness.

Wait until the next "My process can kick your process's ass" discussion. It will
be pure carnage.

Andrew Plato

http://finance.yahoo.com

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com