RE: corrupt word file

Subject: RE: corrupt word file
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:22:08 -0400

Some thoughts:

Sean's problem smells like the "Evil Master Document" is involved, but
several possibilities exist, including the relationship between the Word
file and the logo graphic. For example, are you deleting just the graphic
itself, or are you mucking about with some sort of anchored frame for the
graphic as well?

Other than the logo,is only one file involved?

Is Word more specific in its diagnosis of the file corruption? Is there
anything in the error log that might offer a clue?

I suspect the file had problems before you began working with it. You're
just the lucky devil who gets to deal with them.

One caution with the copy-n-paste approach. If you do this, copy everything
EXCEPT the last paragraph marker. Then paste the copy into a new document.

Good luck!
Marguerite

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com