RE: corrupt word file

Subject: RE: corrupt word file
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:38:30 -0400

Sean Hower is having problems with a graphic in a Word doc header.

Some of the nastiest Word problems I've seen have been caused by graphics
and objects in headers and footers.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble to replace the header, try opening the
header, doing a Select All (CTRL-A), deleting the header, and retyping.

You might want to copy the header before deleting it, then paste it into the
*body* of a blank doc, just to see what's causing the problem.

If that doesn't work, I'd try what John Posada suggested: A round-trip to
RTF. That trick fixed a particularly nasty bug I had ... one strangely
similar to yours, in fact ...

Sláinte ... Kim

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com