RE: Wise to Use PowerPoint to Create Image Files?

Subject: RE: Wise to Use PowerPoint to Create Image Files?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:13:53 -0400

Priya...I happen to like to create images in PowerPoint, though I haven't
done it in a while. However, when I've done it, the determining factor
wasn't because I wanted to use it, but rather, it made business sense to do
so. This was for proposal responses and I knew that the same images were
going to be used in presentations later on once we made the short list,
therefore, making the audience comfortable with seeing the same images that
they'd seen before.

BTW...you can create some unbelievably attractive images in PPT...when I
show my portfolio, they ALWAYS stop at the pages that show these images
(network diagrams, HW processor busses, process flow charts, development
timelines).

There is very little downside once the image is saved. For practical
purposes and with minor exceptions, an image in a particular format from any
source application is the same to any target application.

BTW...be careful of your use of the word "moot". If a point was moot, there
wouldn't be any impact. Moot means it no longer matters. Example: "For a
company completely standardized on Win2000, internal impact of 16 bit
applications would be moot."

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com