Re: Frame&SGML: looking for opinions of current users

Subject: Re: Frame&SGML: looking for opinions of current users
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:57:46 -0700

Michele Marques wrote:

Actually, FrameMaker 7 (which includes the Structured version) includes DocBook support. I can't vouch for how good that support is, but it's there at least in theory.

You're quoting me out of context. The support is only there in the sense that you could DocBook the same way as any other DTD.

What I'd like to see is DocBook as a default setting, with the capacity to map elements of another DTD to DocBook for rapid conversion.

I know: that's not only building dream castles,but taking out a 99 year lease and planning to move in the first of the month. But it would be incredibly convenient.

"The world is crawling with the faithful,
Wide-eyed and gamblers to the core;
Johnny gets burned, he lights another candle -
We do not do that any more."
-Oysterband, "Gamblers"

Acrobat & FrameMaker Seminars: PDF Best Practices, FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
Advanced Techniques, FM Template Design, Single Sourcing with FrameMaker
in Brussels (Oct), and in Montreal & Dallas (Dec): http://www.microtype.com/1

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com