Re: Begging for help in West Virginia

Subject: Re: Begging for help in West Virginia
From: Steven Brown <stevenabrown -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

Bryan,

I agree completely! It's my wife that has the skewed
perception of Dayton (and Ohio in general). My comment
was in response to Daniel's tongue-in-cheek reference
to West Virginia as a third world country.
Unfortunately humor doesn't always transmit well on
forums like these (hence our apprehension to use it in
our technical documentation). I should've used an
emoticon :-)

I very much enjoyed living and working in Dayton and
Cincinnati, and spending time in Columbus. Bruce Wolf
mentioned Wright Patterson AFB. It was actually the
U.S. Air Force that brought me to the area in 1986
(one of my top three choices for assignment). I left
Cincinnati for Boston to accept my first job as a
writer (the fruits of my recession era networking, the
point of my advice to Daniel).

I'd love to return to Ohio some day, but I'll have to
convince "she who must be obeyed" first. I'll pass on
your positive comments to her with the hope that
she'll give Ohio a chance.

Now that that's cleared up, we can get back on topic,
lest we all get booted off this list.

Steven Brown
Senior Technical Writer
Failed Joke Writer
Ohio Lover
Wright State University Graduate
Veteran U.S. Air Force
Etc.

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com

Absolutely FREE! FrameMaker/Win 6 & 7 Express Customization (v3):
Quick-access buttons & keys to common functions, char tag/font drop-down
lists, charset browser, QRef guides & much more: http://www.microtype.com/2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com