RE: Funny Tech Writing

Subject: RE: Funny Tech Writing
From: Victoria Camgros <vcamgros -at- persistence -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:54:00 -0700

At 12:47 PM 9/18/2002 -0700, Kight, Cindy K. wrote:

Our team has often joked about making our manuals more interesting by
writing them in novel format. ("Eager to beat out his competitors, Lance
decided to reduce all prices by 5% using Global Price Change...")

As it turns out, someone actually does this. The manual for Zeus by
Impressions Games presents everything in a story format, as told by the
Greek gods that are part of the game.

Long ago, there was a murder mystery Word manual. Was a fairly decent (short) mystery, too.

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com