Re: Begging for help in West Virginia

Subject: Re: Begging for help in West Virginia
From: cpwinter -at- rahul -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:52:21 -0700

On 17 Sep 2002, at 7:56, Daniel Reed wrote:

> Hello, I graduated from college with a BA in Writing
> last May, and I've been looking for a technical
> writing position with no success. I've used all the
> techniques listed on the TechWR-L homepage, and I've
> not had any luck so far. This most likely has to do
> with my lack of contacts in the writing industry; I've
> talked to everyone I know about job leads, and noone
> knows of anything.
>
> I live in West Virginia, where the economy is the
> equivalent of a poorly developed third world country.
> I would join the STC, but in May, they abolished the
> chapter here. Does anyone know of any companies hiring
> here, or of any recruiters? Does anyone have any
> advice on what I should do? Help? Please?
>
> And I apologize for cluttering this list with my
> begging, but I really have tried my best in
> researching the archives and googling and whatnot. And
> yes, I am very open to relocation, practically
> anywhere!
>
> Thanks for your time in reading this.
>
> Daniel Reed
> faubergast -at- yahoo -dot- com

Daniel,

If you really want to relocate, look at Atlanta and Indianapolis. I'm
seeing a lot of tech-writer openings posted for those cities. I can't say
how current they are, of course.

Browse to Monster.com and do a search on "technical writer". This
should bring them up.

Chris
--
Dateline Silicon Valley

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com