RE: References a later chapter

Subject: RE: References a later chapter
From: Matthew Horn <mhorn -at- macromedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:49:43 -0400

>>Is it proper to refer a reader to a chapter that is later in the manual?

Yes, that's fine. In fact its more than fine. Its super-snorky.

In these days of hypertext, it's proper to refer a reader anywhere the content is.

And it's also important that you do not duplicate content because it increases the chance of mistakes and makes localization (more to translate), production (more page breaks to doublecheck), editing (more to edit), and printing costs (more pages) higher.

So, once you fix this, you can put the following on your resume:

"Dramatically reduced costs of translation, production, and printing for documentation department."

Matthew J. Horn
Sr. Technical Writer
< m a c r o m e d i a >