RE: User Guide - a newbie mistake?

Subject: RE: User Guide - a newbie mistake?
From: "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue-Hayes -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:11:30 +1000

Rhina,

(a) Congratulation on doing your first user guide.

(b) If they review it properly they should identify lots of errors - this is
good for it means you know where you can improve, and will make the user
guide better - and always better to catch errors in-house rather than out!
(If they haven't found any, reread it yourself in two days time. Starting
from the back.....)

(c) Does it cover the information that the audience you identified for the
user guide will require? If so then a user guide could well only hold 10%
of a system's functionality and still be complete. However if the remaining
25% you said you missed is required by your expected audience for their job
- then it should/must be added.

regards and thanks,
Sean