Documenting COM objects

Subject: Documenting COM objects
From: "Andrew T. Brooke" <abrooke -at- pathcom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:26:29 -0400

I have the following project to do next month:

"Design, develop, and update required technical documentation of COM
objects, procedures and functions of the XYZ system" (name changed to
protect the innocent!)

I think I have a fair idea of what COM objects are - here's one description
I found, which may apply:

Component Object Model (COM)
A model for binary code developed by Microsoft. The Component Object
Model (COM) enables programmers to develop objects that can be accessed by
any COM-compliant application. Both OLE and ActiveX are based on COM.

I've documented API services in the past and think this may be similar. Is
there anyone who has document COM objects who can offer me any practical
advice?

Thanks,

Andrew Brooke
abrooke -at- pathcom -dot- com

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com