Re: More on drafts --

Subject: Re: More on drafts --
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:23:53 -0700

Bonnie Granat wrote:

If you don't tell me the conditions under which my work will be evaluated,
you are unethical.

Excuse me for nitpicking, but you seem to be conflating "unethical" with "unfair." It's poor management practice to keep your staff uninformed about major parts of their working conditions, but unethical? That seems to be going a little too far.

I suppose you could argue that unfair use of power is unethical (and I'd be inclined to agree), but that's not how most people would use the terms.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"We are not beginners, we will not be fooled,
Time has been our teacher, and it keeps an iron rule:
We do our best work in the dark, we do our thinking on the run,
We will stay together till the longest day is done."
- OysterBand, "A Fire Is Burning"

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com