Re: Getting a job as beginning tech writer

Subject: Re: Getting a job as beginning tech writer
From: Jeff Hanvey <jeff -at- jewahe -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:12:48 -0700 (PDT)

I hope this wasn't a dig ;}.

But it is a very good point. Always treat others - even the people on this list, professional. If you develop a good reputation as a stable, reliable worker who handles him/herself and others with respect (and that includes responding timely to correspondences, using titles of respect, and saying thank you, et cetera), you shouldn't have any trouble at all finding opportunities.

--- Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com> wrote:
>Let me make one addition: you must demonstrate a professional attitude
>in your treatment of other employees and the way in which you co-operate
>with your employer and meet your committments.

Jeff Hanvey: http://www.jewahe.net

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you -at- yourchoice -dot- com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com