RE: perils of job hunting

Subject: RE: perils of job hunting
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 15:46:54 +0000

My two cents here....

After several weeks of unemployment this summer (which felt like years...), I interviewed for four jobs in one week. Three of them contacted me to say that I was the "second choice" if the first one fell through. The fourth never contacted me.

A month later, I took a job that I love. Two weeks later, I was contacted by the no-contact from six weeks before. "You are our number one choice. When can you start?" I had to explain that they were a little slow in contacting me...Interestingly, the positions were nearly identical -- setting up the documentation process/department in a medical firm looking forward to 21 CFR Part 11 certification (which I had never even heard of before!)

So, keep your options open, but ignore the person who was rude to you. What goes around comes around, as they say.

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html
Oregon State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/oregon.html

Enhance, optimize and automate your FrameMaker-to-PDF workflow with TimeSavers:
Define all PDF features in your source FrameMaker files ONCE, distill MANY.
Bookmark Controller, Link Controller, UnBloat & more : http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com