RE: Job market and potential age discrimination?

Subject: RE: Job market and potential age discrimination?
From: "CB Casper" <knowone -at- surfy -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:02:10 -0800

John rightfully corrected me on my previous post,
as well did my SO. My SO had passed both exams.
The 10+ years of experience were all internal to
a company, thus limited by experience, not by
the CPA designation. The most important factor
preventing a return to those career paths were
the 15 year void in keeping up with the changes
in laws and regulations and being in a different
state. Sorry for any confusion.

Public thumps taken and acknowledged.

CB

John (another one) ----
Two different exams and two different career paths:
Certified Public Accountants provide services to the
public (originally certified to perform independent
audits iaw 1933 Securities laws)
Certified Internal Auditors work for corporate boards.
Unfortunately, most people think anyone with an
accounting degree is a CPA.

My bogus report--------
When taking the CPA exam, there is a different
exam for a "public" CPA as normally thought of,
than for a CPA that is licensed for work
internal to a company only.