Re: synonym for "from scratch"

Subject: Re: synonym for "from scratch"
From: "Jo Francis Byrd" <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:07:30 -0500

It's been a few years, but "been there, done that." I asked that question
(on another group) several years back, and the winning suggestion
(unfortunately, I no longer remember the name of the person who came up with
it, I'd like to give credit) was "from concept to finished product."

While those of us born and raised in the English speaking world (or those
who have been here long enough to pick up a fair amount of common
expressions) understand the concept of "from scratch," those people who do
not have English - or the English language culture - internalized, will have
fits understanding what you're talking about.

HTH

Jo Byrd