Re: Viva le Same! Linux

Subject: Re: Viva le Same! Linux
From: Tuples -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 18:41:33 EDT

In a message dated 9/30/02 3:43:14 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com writes:

> Windows can be a secure platform. Its just not secure out of the box. But
> then
> again - neither is RedHat, Suse, BSD, or anything.

I might suggest that the users of these secure systems are to blame for the
some of the problems a group has. For example, every group has Internet
access, and it is tempting to use the corporate systems for their own
personal use.

The corporation needs to punish those who download games, open e-mail
attachments, install software they think they need, using passwords any fool
can easily guess ... on and on.

Even with all the warnings about opening an e-mail attachment, people do not
seem to learn. I do not follow e-mail links unless I am reasonably certain
there will not be a problem. All spam is immediately deleted and I use a
decent virus protection. With more than a dozen e-mail accounts and years no
the net, I have not once had a serious problem.

Bob

FrameMaker-to-PDF TimeSavers Assistants let you enhance & automate navigation
in PDF doc sets (chapter tabs, next/prev chapter/pg, bookmarks, popup menus);
create interactive PDF forms, rollover popups; presentations: http://www.microtype.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com