Context-sensitive help

Subject: Context-sensitive help
From: "Jana Blazko" <jana -dot- blazko -at- zaslon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:12:25 +0200

Hi all,

I have a semi-related question and would like to hear your opinions on the matter. I was asked to prepare a presentation on any given subject, and my choice would be on how to create a context-sensitive *.chm file. This might be useful because the information on how to link specific topics in the CHM file to the application is scattered through the net, MSDN Library, and application help. I had to perform an extensive search to collect all information, sort through it and find out how it fits together.
Now that we are warmed up, here comes my question:
Is having a context-sensitive CHM file in the application sensible? Usable? Do you think that having a context-sensitive CHM file is in general a good idea? And would the subject be worth the trouble of everybody involved?

Thanks in advance,

Jana