Hardware Documentation

Subject: Hardware Documentation
From: Neysa Narena <nnarena -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:51:56 -0700

I have a question for techwhirlers with experience documenting telecom
hardware (or something similar). I'm an experienced techwriter, but my
background is software. I've checked the archives and reviewed the Sun and
Microsoft guides, but didn't find anything specific to the below.

I have a client who is just getting off the ground with a new business based
on a new telecom device that will be marketed internationally. His
documentation will be starting from absolute zero. No anything.

I'm trying to getting a handle around what kind of docs he'll need so I
don't miss anything important. If you have experience in this area, would
you share some advice? Also, do I need to write specific to MILspec
criteria?

I'll be glad to summarize responses and post to the list if there's
sufficient interest.

TIA,

Neysa Narena

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com