Re: Need another term for Julian date

Subject: Re: Need another term for Julian date
From: "Gregory Sweet" <Gsweet -at- cdphp -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:49:43 -0400

Thanks for all the responses so far.

To answer Sandi's question:

The intended audience electronic data interchange (EDI) systems people in hospitals and other health care provider offices. The term is used in a HIPAA ANSI X12 implementation guide. A guide designed to allow those EDI people to format their submission files so they can continue doing business with us when our new HIPAA compliant systems go live.

I'm even more concerned now seeing that YYJJJ seems to be the more normal convention for Julian date than the JJJYY I've been instructed to include in the manual.

I think I'll have to avoid the term Julian all together and just spell out what we want in the date field.

Thanks again for all the responses.

-Greg

neart - misneach - diongbháilteacht

>>> "Sandi Pemberton" <hkat4 -at- cox -dot- net> 10/16/02 05:55AM >>>

Greg,

You did not mention who will be reading your documents....

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com