RE: Looking for PDF options in Word/bookmark trouble

Subject: RE: Looking for PDF options in Word/bookmark trouble
From: "Rajan DV" <rajan -dot- dv -at- ventureinfotek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:21:16 +0530

Hi Irulan,

There would be an Acrobat Icon on yout Word Toolbar which converts the Doc
to PDF.

1. Click on it

2. A Screen titled "Adobe PDF Maker" is displayed with four tabs. Namely :
General, Output, Bookmarks and Display Options.

3. Select the Bookmarks Tab.

4. In the Structure & Bookmarks, Include "Word Styles" and Select all
Elements by clicking under the "Bookmarks" heading in the checkboxes (Has to
be done individually for each element, in Acrobat 5.0 however, all elements
are selected automatically on including "Word Styles").

5. Click on "Apply".

6. Convert the doc to pdf and lo !!

HTH,
Rajan.
Irulan Wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the following problem?

I'm trying to convert from Word to PDF, and I can't get any bookmarks to
show
up. I checked the previous threads on this topic and noticed that several
people have said to go to Acrobat > Change Conversion Settings to tell
Acrobat which tags to use for bookmarks. Unfortunately, I don't have an
Acrobat menu or toolbar in Word. It sounds like people are saying it's
supposed to be there. Looking at the menu in Distiller has also been
nonproductive. Can anyone help? I'm working with Word 2000 and Acrobat 4 on
Windows 98.

thanks
Irulan

AUTHORING TOOL for MS Word. SAVE $100 on the full version and $50 on the
upgrade. Offer ends 10/31/2002 (code: DTH102250).
http://www.componentone.com/d2hlist1002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com