Re: What's my next step?

Subject: Re: What's my next step?
From: Michael Collier <mcollier -at- maryland -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 09:17:31 -0500

Documenting database systems is a good sub-field in the tech writing world, so
I'd suggest you highlight that experience when you sell your skills to
potential employers.

Offer to do some documentation of your current inventory project for your
employer. Even if they don't want it, create some documentation anyway so you
have a writing sample.

You may also want to develop some simple databases of your own in Access and
write some procedural documentation for them which could explain how to add a
record, update a record, delete records, create table, query the database,
etc. This will give you some additional samples to present.

Michael Collier
DSS Baltimore Operations

craig -dot- cardimon -at- att -dot- net wrote:

Hello All,

I've read your postings via the listserv at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/and was wondering if you would be kind enough

to offer some suggetions.

Virtually Everything Maryland! >> http://www.maryland.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com