capitalization of titles

Subject: capitalization of titles
From: <jp_monaghan -at- sympatico -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:24:54 -0500

Hello,

I have some questions regarding capitalization of job titles, processes, etc for an HR document. I understand that specific references to job titles should be capitalized and general references do not need be (and that excessive capitalization should be avoided), as in

- The Accounting Manager is responsible for
- A manager is responsible for

But is the Board of Directors generally referred to as the board (or the Board)?
Are Mission Statement and mission statement both correct? And finally, what about Annual Resource Plan and Annual Resource plan, or Candidate Sourcing Process and Candidate Sourcing process?

Thanks,

James Monaghan

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com