MS Manual of Style, 3rd edition, is available - clarification

Subject: MS Manual of Style, 3rd edition, is available - clarification
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:54:29 +1000

Addendum and correction to my previous note. It's the third _version_, not edition, of the manual, which means it may be the latest, but it's not new. The file date in 1998. I'm now assuming it's the CHM that is distributed on the CD that came with the printed version of the second edition of the manual.

At least having the CHM freely available gets around the problem of the overpriced secondhand printed copies, for those who need a copy now.

Sorry about the misleading post yesterday. I should have taken the time to verify what was there, instead of just passing along a message from someone else.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.jeanweber.com/

--------- My previous note--------
The latest MS Manual of Style (3rd edition) was released as a CHM on 21
October 2002; available from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=44354

I haven't downloaded it yet, so can't say any more about it. Thanks to Rhonda Bracey, who posted this on HATT today.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com