RE: Word generated TOC problem?

Subject: RE: Word generated TOC problem?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:46:18 -0500

Doug Grossman responded to my suggestions concerning how to eliminate
shading in a Word-generated TOC: <<For the field shading, wouldn't it be
Tools>Options>View>Field Shading=Never? Or are we talking about two
different things here?>>

Good point. I assumed, without checking, that Shana was reporting a problem
with the printed TOC, but as you note, it might well have been only a
display problem in which the shading doesn't print. Your approach would
solve a different problem from the one I tried to solve, so Shana should try
both to see which works best in her situation.

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada
"User's advocate" online monthly at

"With Linux, customers end up being in the operating systems business,
managing software updates and security patches while making sure the
multitude of software packages don't conflict with each other."--Microsoft
spokesperson in a News.com article

"And just how would that be different from Windows?"--Adam Engst, TidBITS

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com