Newbie WebWorks question re: framesets

Subject: Newbie WebWorks question re: framesets
From: Emily Berk <emily -at- armadillosoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 23:17:32 -0800

I've spent three days trying to figure this one out. I finally posted my question on the WebWorks user group earlier today, but that list has been totally dead except for my post today, so if anyone here knows the answer, I'd be grateful if you'd email me directly. (I'm on digest on techwr-l and this probably isn't terribly on-topic.)

Although to PUT it on topic, let me just say that I thought FrameMaker's documentation was really bad, until I started with WebWorks Publisher Professional 7.0.

I'll just start with -- there are three manuals. Each has a separate index. Each index is dreadful in its own way. For a newbie who might not know which manual to look for anything in -- that means -- I have had to RTFMs, all three of them, every word. But the information just isn't there, so that was a real waste of time. And, no sense googling for the answer. Apparently there's a WebWorks that does HTML tutorials and so -- well, anyway, can you tell that I am incredibly frustrated with my $750 upgrade?

Can anyone recommend a WebWorks reference? (Can't believe this cost me this much $ and I have to buy a separate manual...)

Thanks for listening. Here's my question:

When WebWorks generates my FM book into a frameset, it sets the first page
to be my Appendix I, maybe because alphabetically that would be the first
page. Although, in the book file, it's about third from the last.

So the TOC is on the left, as it should be, but the first content-page
displayed is totally wrong.

I'm trying to figure out how to tell ww to put my preface.fm chapter into
the right-hand frame when index.html first comes up.

Again, this seems like such an obvious thing that a newbie might want to
know how to do easily. But, no.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice.

--Emily

~ Emily Berk ~
~ www.armadillosoft.com\091101 *** Armadillo Associates, Inc. ~

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com